Sunday, February 10, 2008

Can You Say E.R.????

Presli getting a breathing treatment!

After hours of being awake, she finally fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder!


So yesterday my mom and dad wanted to take Presli to the park to see the ducks. After seeing the ducks for a while, she went back totheir house and took a little nap. When she woke up, we went to go get her and she was wheezing so bad. Are you kidding, again??? So, we called a friend from our ward who is a Respiratory Therapist. He has a suction at his house. We took her to their house at about 9:00 p.m. She sounded a little better, but not a ton. We went home and put her straight to bed. At midnight she woke up crying. She sounded terrible. It took all we had to get her to sleep, she just couldn't breath. The poor thing was up all night long. At about 3:30 a.m. we decided that she was just way too bad and worried about her oxygen levels. So we took our poor little Presli to the Emergency Room. Usually its about a 20 minute wait before we get checked in, and then another 20 minutes before we even get into a room. Well, they took us in right away, and a doctor was waiting for us in our room. She was bad. They hooked her up to the monitors, suctioned her and gave her a breathing treatment. We were there til 5:45. We got home and the poor little thing only slep for 45 minutes. She was exhausted but couldn't sleep cause she could not breath. We felt so bad. You'd think we would be used to this, but its still just as sad to see our little one sick. So, I guess more breathing treatments and suctioning this week. And I guess being an even bigger hermit than we have been. The doctor said the best thing is to just keep her away from any kids period!! So, here we are again...We can't wait fot the warm weather at our house!! Thank goodness we don't live up north! And thanks so much to my mom for coming and sitting at the house this afternoon so Joe and I could have a little nap! We don't know what we would do without her!!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Kalli! I am so sorry. I feel so bad for your little girl. It doesn't matter how many times they get sick, it is still so sad. I am too a hermet in my house, except it is purely by choice. I seriously only get fresh air like once a week. I need to "want" to get out. I think if I lived in St. George I would want to be outside more. It's nice that your mom lives so close. I am also way excited for Laci!

Callisters said...

No fun! It is such a horrible feeling when you don't know how to get them comfortable. I think too once you have had a time when they were so sick you are always scared that they are going to get bad again. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who rushes my children to the ER though. I wish with parenting you could get the tools to look into their ears and know what is going on, be able to listen to their lungs and know if it just a virus or something more serious, etc! And the breathing treatments, all I can say is you have got to love those!!! Good luck with everything, hope she starts doing better sick babies are no fun.

Malizia's said...

Oh.. Poor little girl. She must be so sad and scared. You guys are troppers. I would have had my mom move in with me! I freak out when Laney lets a little cough, forget it if I had to see her hooked up to wires and stuff... So sad.

Jean Smith said...

Are you kidding me? Poor, sweet baby. Just seeing her in the hospital the first time was heartbreaking, I can't believe her horrible luck! We love you Presli!