Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Day With Doctors And . . .

Yesterday we spent the day in Vegas with doctors and nurses, doing some tests to see what was wrong with our little guys kidneys. We left at 6:30 a.m. and got home at 6:30 p.m. It was a long day. Our poor little thing had to get an I.V. and sit with a catheter for an hour and a half. They took pictures of dye running through his urethra, and watched his kidneys empty, and then took x-rays of his kidneys while his bladder was full and during and after it had emptied. He cried a little but for the most part he was a tough little guy. After tests we headed to the other side of Vegas to visit with our Pediatric Urologist. We did find out some good news. He does have a blockage or kink somewhere, but it is not bad enough to do surgery. We will need to keep an eye on it and do some testing every three months and hope that the blockage or kink fixes itself. We feel so lucky that for the most part he is a healthy little boy and are so grateful he will not be needing surgery!

Our little chunky monkey in his hospital bed!!!!

Oh and yes...RSV! We are 2 for 2! Yipee!!!!!

8 comments:

Holli,Sayler and Gracie said...

I hate it when kids are sick.- it is so weird how they get rsv if they wern't around someone sick. keep you hands clean and sanized- along with your surroundings, I don't want to hear anyone in my family to have swine flu. love and miss you guys.

Karl & Leslie said...

I'm so glad that he wont need surgery!He is so adorable! I love him. I'm sorry you have to deal with RSV again! I wish we were there to help! Hope all is well!
Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

That's too bad! How did you think or know that He had Kidney Problems... what are the symptoms? I had problems with my kidneys when I was Pregnant with Carter so I was just curious to know how you would know if they were having problems... Hopefully things get better!

Bingham Family said...

I'm glad things turned out okay! It sucks when there sick, I always wish it was me and not my kids. I hope he gets feeling better.

Doug and Laura said...

Brave little guy! I am sorry sickness is following your little family. Chin up! Do you have all the medical supplies you need? We are back and Doug can help. Much love!

Andrea said...

I know this is going to sound weird, but I am actually friends with Cindi, not just some psycho!! I was just wondering if you could tell me who colors your hair, I LOVE it!! I do hair myself, by MY hair dresser moved to Idaho! UGGGHHHH!! Anyways, my blog is set to private, but if you could e-mail me, that would be awesome. No hurry, just when you get a chance! Thank you so much :0) -Andrea Ross
aross3019@gmail.com

Justin Jacki Jaden Halli Ragen said...

He is a cutie Kalli! Hope all goes well! They are tough little stinks!

Malizia's said...

Oh... how sad. I am so sorry that has to be really hard to see your little guy like that.
sydney has been really sick it has been a LONG few months trying to figure out what is wrong, and we think we have figured it out. She is allergic to ALL dairy, and has really bad separation issues.
Hope your little guys gets better he sure is cute!