Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Presli Jo!!!

So today was Presli's 1st birthday!!! We celebrated yesterday by having family and some of our friends with kids over for a Barnyard Bash. Presli loves when we sing Old McDonald and she has an Old McDonald CD that she loves, so we decided a farm theme birthday would be great for her. We had a lot of fun and she seemed to love the attention. We had a great turn out. We ate, played some games and opened a ton of presents! She got even more spoiled (if that's at all possible!) When it came time for her to eat the birthday cake, which I guess is tradition for first birthdays, she would have nothing to do with it. She would eat it if I put it on my finger, but she would not touch it. Finally I pushed her hands into it and she cried. She kept brushing her hands together trying to get the cake off. Guess she doesn't like being dirty (my mom said she must get that from me, I was like that when I was little too.) The party was a lot of fun! We can't believe we are parents of a one year old! Wow how time flies! This past year has been the greatest year ever. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful little girl to call our own. She has been such a blessing. She is definitely her own little person with a big attitude. We are so proud of her accomplishments! She can tell you how old she is, tell you what the cow, pig and horse says, she says a list of about 15 words, she knows a little bit of sign language, she can do ballerina, point to anyones nose, fold her arms, knows where Lala's baby is, does the most hilarious "Bobble Head" and the list goes on and on. We are so proud to call her our own and can't wait to see what the future has to bring with her in our lives!!! We love you Presli!!!!

8 comments:

Jean Smith said...

happy birthday presli! can you believe that our babies are a year old already???

loved the pictures...couple of observations...your hair is super cute, presli is super cute, i can't believe that she wouldn't eat the birthday cake, so jealous you are wearing shorts and it is warm there, and isaac better step up his game...presli knows 15 words (along with all of her other tricks)????

Tiffany Joy said...

Wow Kalli.. I can't believe she is one. And she is SO beautiful. I always knew your kids would be so cute, but dang she is so cute!! I can't wait to meet her some day.

So your hair is really cute long. I like it a lot, and you just have the cutest family ever.. it looks like you guys had a fun easter. that's a good tradition..

Bingham Family said...

Wow Presli is darling. I hate how fast kids grow. It's fun to see them get there personality. The part I hate, expecially with my little Morgan is how independant she is. She won't let me help with anything like the boys will.
Mandi

Callisters said...

Very cute pictures, it looks like you had a wonderful time! Honestly can you believe how fast time flies by, just wait before long you will be six months away from sending her to kindergarten! Don't you think the greatest joy of being a parent is watching them learn new things! Happy birthday Presli!

Jamie and Brady said...

WHat's up with all the shorts?! I want your weather! Happy birthday Presli - )

Lacy said...

Fun! Birthday Party. I can't believe she is one. She is so cute..I love your long hair. One day I want to come visit you guys!

thejudkins said...

Happy freakin b-day presli! So sad, but so fun! I am not one bit suprised that she wouldn't put her hands in her cake. I had to laugh a little bit in my head becuase I always say that you are Monica, and she is going to be just like you! Funny!

Malizia's said...

Oh crap, she is already one... Man time flies. You guys are so cute, and I love your hair long. Happy Birthday Presli!